Employment Opportunities at Shelter
Shelter offers employment opportunities in a workplace that is committed to thinking, building, and living well. We promote a working environment that values professionalism and personal growth.
Shelter is a widely recognized and respected organization with over 30 years of experience in education, building, and quality living.
We currently have one part time and one full time position available in the Retail Tool Store!
We have an opening in our retail tool store. Qualified applicants are self starters, upbeat and professional; excited to learn and ready to pitch in on projects. Experience with microsoft office, point of sale program, retail experience, availability to travel a couple of times a year for tradeshows is a plus. A sense a of humor is required.
Field general inquiries and assist customers and perspective clients in finding the right services at Shelter
Handle all aspects of retail sales of company products. Special emphasis should be placed on the solutions - any related products/ services the customer might need for the project should be shown.
Assist with the maintenance and merchandising of the store to maintain neat, orderly, well stocked and appealing displays.
Ring sales and handle customer refunds.
May assist with unloading truck, pricing, merchandising, etc.
High school diploma or GED.
Knowledge of woodworking and hand tools desirable
Previous retail sales experience desirable
Requires an extremely strong service orientation to maximize customer satisfaction. Ability to understand situations where a return or refund of merchandise can be authorized.
Ability to be a team player, outgoing, approachable and congenial.
Must be able to stand for long periods of time; ability to lift up to 50 lbs and participate in team lifting.
Flexible schedule, fun work environment, accrued paid vacation time
Please send a resume and cover letter via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for considering a career at Shelter
Office Administrative Assistant
We are currently hiring a Part-Time Office Administrative Assistant for our Woolwich, ME team. Shelter Institute is the area’s premier timber framing company and fine woodworking tool store. We have been evolving durable, adaptable, energy-conscious building techniques since 1974.
The ideal candidate will have a strong work ethic, exceptional organizational ability, and great interpersonal skills. This position entails speaking to customers both in person and on the phone daily. The candidate will also help with store inventory and growing our online store.Primary Responsibilities:
- Draft correspondences and other formal documents
- Plan and schedule appointments and manage calendar events
- Greet and assist onsite guests
- Answer inbound telephone calls
- Develop and implement organized filing systems
- Monitor and tend to inventory when necessary
- Perform all other office tasks
- Previous experience in office administration or a related fields
- Previous experience in Real Estate a plus
- Ability to prioritize and multitask
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Experience with Shopify platform preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong organizational skills
We are currently hiring a Full-Time Timber Framer for our Woolwich, ME team. Shelter Institute is the area’s premier timber framing company and fine woodworking tool store. We have been evolving durable, adaptable, energy-conscious building techniques since 1974.
The ideal candidate will have a strong work ethic and a never-give-up self-starting attitude. This position entails cutting timber frames in our shop and traveling frequently to install them. The travel is often in Maine but can be anywhere in the country. The candidate should also be prepared to help with general labor when needed.
This job offers a meaningful career and endless opportunities for growth. We are a small growing business and we are looking for applicants who are excited to be part of our growth.Primary Responsibilities:
- Use hand and power tools to cut out various aspects of timber frames using cut sheets provided
- Travel all over America installing these timber frames
- Occasionally travel for trade shows
- Consistently keep an open mind about learning new skills
- Previous experience as a carpenter or tradesperson
- Self-starter who seeks growth
- CDL license preferred, or the willingness to obtain one
- Interest in or possession of a crane certification preferred
- Ability to travel frequently